Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions remain my own. You can learn more about our editorial policies here.
If you are a broadcaster or a Twitch streamer, you will want to know how to record Twitch streams for later use. So, for your kind information, it is possible to record Twitch streams. It is straightforward because you can do this with the help of free tools.
In this article, we will tell you about the complete process of recording the Twitch stream. But before moving to the central theme, let’s talk about Twitch. Everyone knows very well about Twitch. It is a streaming platform that allows you to stream and interact with fans.
If you are a game streamer or a gamer, then there is a 99.9% chance that you are a Twitch user. Other than this, Twitch is the most famous streaming platform; that’s why millions of people use this app for live streaming. Besides this, too many people join Twitch every day.
You can easily watch the stream of different games like PUBG, Fortnite, Call of duty, Minecraft, and many others on the Twitch live streaming platform. It is a streaming platform that contains various features, and one of them is to watch older videos of your streamer.
Details on How to Record Twitch Streams
Suppose you are a person who doesn’t want to use the Twitch stream to see the old streams of your favorite streamer. Then for this, the best option for you is to record the Twitch stream. Do you know how to record on Twitch PC? No, then read the complete article.
How to Set Up Your Twitch Stream
The first thing that is very important to set up the Twitch stream is the third-party software. There is too much third-party software that you can use, like the OBS, XSPLIT, Twitch studio, and many more. It depends on you, which software you want to use.
In this article, we give you a tutorial on using the OBS. You will find different versions of this software on the internet like Mac, Windows, and Linux. Read more article on Twitch Streaming where pros shared tips to expand your twitch career.
Installing OBS for Twitch Streaming
1. The first step you have to do is download and install the OBS on a laptop or computer.
2. You can download it from its official website
3. After completing the downloading and installing process, open the OBS software
4. Now, you have to click on the Next option until you find the stream key page.
5. When you find it, then click on the option “Get Stream Key.”
6. After finding the stream key, click on the “Copy” option near the stream key.
7. Past the stream key and then click on the option named “Next.”
When you follow all the above-given steps correctly, then you can easily connect the OBS with Twitch. You can also do a live stream on Twitch when you click on the start streaming option. But the OBS software requires some settings that we discuss below.
A clicky keyboard can ruin your stream, see the Best Quietest Mechanical Keyboard Keyboards for Gaming
If you want to do live streaming with your face, you have to set the different things like the game you want to stream and your webcam. All the setup processes include:
Setting Up OBS to Stream on Twitch
There are different steps that you have to follow to set up the OBS; all these steps include:
1. The first step is to start the game that you want to stream, like PUBG, Fortnite, or any other.
2. If you have closed the OBS software, then again open it.
3. After opening the OBS, find the “+” icon and click on it.
4. When you click on the “+” icon, then select the Game Capture option.
5. Give any name to the stream
6. After this, click on the option named “Capture Any Full-screen” application. This option is present under the Mode. Also, if you are playing the game in the Window mode, for this, you have to use Windows.
7. Now, you have to choose the game window to connect it with the OBS.
8. Click on the “OK” option to save all the settings.
9. Besides this, if you need to add another source like a webcam, you have to repeat the 3 and 8 steps.
10. When all the things are ready, then click on the start streaming option.
How to Record Your Twitch Streams
If you want to record the Twitch stream, then there are two methods that you can use. The first method is to use the OBS third-party software, and the second method is to use the Twitch function. The primary aim of both ways is the same, and it is to record the Twitch stream.
The main difference between them is the stream recording that you do with the help of OBS will save into your laptop or computer. And the recording that you record with Twitch will save into the Twitch servers. So, we will use the OBS software.
Get more Twitch Tips, learn the Best Time to Stream on Twitch.
Using OBS to Record Your Twitch Stream
1. First, start the OBS software and go to its settings.
2. Now, you have to choose the Broadcast Settings present on the left side.
3. Then select the file path option
4. Here, you have to type the location where you want to save your stream.
5. Next, choose the option named “Automatically save the stream to file.”
6. After this, click on the OK option and then start streaming.
How to Archive Twitch Streams
The steps to archive the Twitch streams include:
1. Open Twitch and log in with your existing account.
2. Now go to the settings.
3. Here, you have to choose the channels and videos option.
4. After this, scroll down to the “Archive Broadcasts” option and then tick the box.
Remember one thing that Twitch will save your last stream for just 14 days. If you need the recorded stream later, then you can export the stream to your YouTube channel from the settings. To save your stream for too many days, then you can also do this.
Make your channel sound as professional as it looks, Best Mic for Twitch
For this, you have to buy a Turbo subscription. With the help of this subscription, you can easily save your recorded stream for 60 days.
How to Watch Your Twitch Streams
First, you have to choose the file, and after this, open the recording folder. This folder is present in the OBS software, or you can open the recording with the editing software and edit the video. After editing the video, you can also publish it or save it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you screen record a twitch stream?
Yes, you can screen record the Twitch stream. For this, you have two options; the first one is with the help of Twitch. The second is with the help of third-party recording software. You can also record the stream using streaming tools; you can do this if you have a high-end processor.
Can you record streaming content?
The answer to this question is no. It is because recording the streaming content of others or extensive services is illegal. It is because the content is not yours, and it is also against the policy. There are too many big streamers who don’t allow you to record the streaming content.
The OBS third-party software needs some settings but keep in mind that it is the best option for recording the Twitch streams. The best thing about the OBS software is that it is free and contains too many unique features.
With the help of OBS software, you can also do many other things. If you don’t know how to use it, you can check out the complete tutorial using the OBS third-party software.
However, I hope with the help of this guide now you know how to record Twitch streams. If you know about the other software that answers the question, does Twitch record streams? Then recommend us in the comment section.